Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Freewrite August 2014

I am wise and old
I wonder what has become of the outside world
I hear babies crying
I see children frolicking in the grass
I am aged and knowing

I pretend I live in the outside world
I feel strong emotions
I touch the softness of rose petals
I worry about generations to come who will not feel true feelings
I cry about the sorrows of the world before communities
I am wise and old

I understand that the present government is oppressive
I say the worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It's the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared
I dream that one day we can return to the world before communities
I try to contain the memories of the past
I hope one day we can live as before
I am wise and old

from the giver

by Jaya Touma Shoatz

No comments:

Post a Comment