Monday, October 17, 2016

Meal

Image result for five stars no background
The Meal: Collard Greens, Mac n Cheese, Cornbread

       I suppose it would be biased of me to rate this meal out of all the food I ate this weekend but this is my favorite meal and I was really excited that my dad made it for me on Friday. My dad makes his collard greens with sofritos, smoked turkey, and chipotles in adobo sauce. My dad made a huge pot of collard greens that takes up half the fridge before he left for Denver, Colorado for the weekend. He also made baked mac n cheese and cornbread. even though it was reheated it tasted warm and inviting and spicy while them mac and cheese had  more the one cheese and was a nice contrast and cornbread was soft and warm and semi-sweet. I got a whole bowl of collard greens and half a plate of mac n cheese and a cornbread muffin. This meal, to me, is significant because it represents warm Christmas and Thanksgiving nights with my family and the occasional treat when my dad wats to make some soul food for the family. One food related issue that has been very prominent lately is the fact that healthy foods are often too expensive or too far from low-income neighborhoods to have access to.

No comments:

Post a Comment